Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Another take on an Otzi inspired sheath, with a MP Knives Otzi knife

My buddy Wayne sent me this beauty and told me to do my thing, he wanted to be able to wear it on his belt or neck carry. Other then that I was free to run with it. Like the first one I did for Croatoan I did some twining, like Otzi did when he made his back in the day. But, this go around I used elk rawhide cut into strips. I did it while wet and let it dry on a small rack of sorts over night and then trimmed to fit the sheath. Then made the rest of the sheath out of veg tanned covered in deer rawhide. I really like how this one turned out, so much I might have to make one for myself.

 As far as the MP Knives Otzi goes, that handle is badass. Super comfy. I might have to take a cue from it and make me a squared handled knapped knife. 







No comments:

Post a Comment